Suggestions for Getting Involved with Grandparents Day of Prayer:
- Ask your pastor and/or Senior Adult Ministry pastor to make an announcement challenging grandparents to pray for their grandchildren on Sept. 7.
- Order “Grandparents Day of Prayer” promotional bookmarks to distribute at your church and to your friends.
- Have a potluck after church for grandparents on Sept. 7 and with a prayer time for your grandchildren.
- Invite some of your friends who are grandparents to your home to join you in prayer for their grandchildren.
- Make Sept. 7 a special day of prayer as you pray for each of your grand children intentionally.
- Send your grandchildren a note to inform them that you will be praying for them individually on September 7, Grandparents Day of Prayer.
- Download and distribute Prayer Suggestions: “31Scriptures to Pray and Suggestions to Pray for Grandchildren in School.” These are available at https://christiangrandparenting.com/free-downloads or you can purchase the prayer cards on the website.
- Under “Free Downloads”, you may also download Bulletin Inserts, Press Release, Church Information Packet, and a Prayer Guide.
- Listen to the “Not On My Watch’ radio podcast with Cavin Harper, Executive Director of CGN interviewing Lillian Penner, the National Prayer Coordinator about Grandparents Day of Prayer.
- Check out 2012 Testimonials for ideas to share with your friends.
- If you serve a meal for grandparents I can send you a download for placemats that have “31 Scriptures to Pray for Your Grandchildren.” Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.