If you have teen grandchildren, you will find this blog helpful to pray and understand them.
Tony Dungy, a famous football coach, says, ‘” I think we live amid an uncivil and thoughtless society.” In an attempt by secular humanists to develop a secular society, they have very strategically and intentionally whittled away at our godly heritage. Until they have developed a country where prayer has been removed from schools, being a Christian is scorned, and talking about Jesus is unacceptable.
Movies, music, TV, video games, and the Internet are desensitizing our grandchildren. They are faced with legal recreational Marijuana, drugs, sex- trafficking, alcohol, sexual identity, homosexuality, pornography, pre-martial sex, and more. The world is trying to squeeze our dear grandchildren into its mold. There is an urgency for us to pray for our teenage grandchildren in our broken world. Here are suggested prayer requests for teenagers.
We pray our teens will:
- Be motivated, disciplined, and challenged to apply themselves in their studies to excel academically.
- Experience the reality of Jesus Christ in their lives as they grow strong in their faith.
- Recognize the deception of Satan’s enticements.
- Be covered with God’s safekeeping physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
- Date wisely (which leads to a life partner).
- Be sexually pure.
- Have open communication and a good relationship with parents.
- Choose friends who will have a positive influence.
- Develop a hunger for God’s Word that leads them to grow spiritually.
- Have a balanced view of their beauty, charm, and strength.
Scriptures to Pray for Teenagers:
Dear Father, I pray that… (Insert child’s name)
______ will confess their sin and receive God’s forgiveness, and salvation found only through Christ. (Acts 4:12)
PROTECTION FROM EVIL
______ will be protected from the evil one as they seek to live as followers of Christ. (John 17:15)
______ will be able to discern what is true and have the courage to walk in the truth. (Philippians 1:9-11)
______ will understand they are uniquely designed, made in the image of God, male and female. (Genesis 1:26-27)
BIBLICAL VIEW OF MARRIAGE
______ (and their future spouse) will have a biblical view of loving one another in marriage. (Ephesians 5:22-33)
CHOICE OF FRIENDS
______ will choose friends with integrity, sound judgment, and pure hearts. (Psalm 1:1)
DEPRESSION (AND SUICIDAL TENDENCIES)
______ will be protected from the grip of depression, addictions, and suicidal tendencies. (Luke 4:16-21)
______ will flee from sexual immorality to honor their bodies as the Temple of the Living God. (I Thessalonians 4:3-5)
RELATIONSHIP WITH PARENTS
______ will obey and respect their parents, for this is right. (Ephesians 6:1-3
Many grandparents use the “Scriptures to Pray for Your Teen Grandchildren” that I developed.
Contact Lillian Penner, Co-prayer Director for Christian Grandparenting Network, firstname.lastname@example.org.